Ultra Efficient (NEMA Premium**/CSL-3) K-Factor
Spend less on energy. More on more important things.
QL Ultra Efficient Up to 99% efficient.
More energy efficient than the TP-1 design, the QL Ultra Efficient transformer can save you money. It also helps a project earn LEED** certification points from the U. S. Green Building Council. It's perfect for schools and colleges and for government, healthcare and commercial buildings.
GE offers K4 and K13 transformers.
Brochures: DEA-491 is the primary product line brochure listing specifications, catalog numbers, and efficiency data.
CSI Specification: Standard CSI specification for the QL Ultra Efficient product offering.
Installation and Maintenance Manual: The standard Installation and Maintenance Manual shipped with all GE QL Ultra Efficient transformers.
LEED Information: For LEED projects, DEA-494 demonstrates how GE QL Ultra Efficient transformers help building owners earn points for LEED projects. QL Ultra Efficient transformers satisfy EA Prerequisite 2, EA Credit 1, MR Credit 2, IO Credit 1, IO Credit 2, IO Credit 3.
Non-Linear Test Laboratory: Publication DEE-538 describes the GE Non-Linear Test Laboratory equipment and capabilities.
Outline Drawings: GE outline drawing is available for each transformer catalog number. GE outline drawings provide external enclosure dimensions, mounting hole dimensions, cable entry location, coil material, and weight.
Seismic Brochures: Seismic qualification test reports and brochures documenting GE transformer seismic compliance.
Quality Manual: Information demonstrates how the GE Energy Quality Management System (QMS) is equivalent to or exceeds the requirements of ISO 9001. DEE-537 provides a detailed comparison of the GE QMS to ISO 9001.
Technical Data: Provides dimensions, weight, insulation class, winding material, rated temperature rise, tap description, voltage, kVA, impedance, loss data, efficiency at 25, 50, 75, and 100 percent rated load, and sound level.
Typical Test Data Reports: Typical Test Data (TTD) reports are representative test reports for a specific transformer catalog number. Each report provides the following information: frame size, insulation system type, average sound level, core loss (W), coil loss (W), and total loss (W), efficiency at 16.7%, 25%, 35%, 50%, 75%, and 100% load tested per NEMA TP-2, impedance and regulation.
- K-12 education, higher education, government, healthcare, stadiums
- U.S. Green Building Council LEED certification projects
Features and Benefits
- Exceeds NEMA TP-1, meets NEMA Premium and DOE CSL-3 efficiency
- Available with a K-Factor rating of K4 and K13
- 150C, 115C, and 80C rise
- Factory nonlinear test laboratory verifies efficiency under nonlinear load
- Noise at least 5dB less than NEMA ST-20 standards
- Seismic qualified to the requirements of ASCE 7.05, IEEE-693-2005 and IBC-2006
- 200% neutral
- Copper ground strap
- Full capacity, universal taps: two 2.5% above nominal and four 2.5% below nominal
- Robust packaging with top and edge protection
- 220°C insulation system
- 40°C ambient
- Copper windings standard. Aluminum windings available
- UL listed
- NEMA 2 powder-coat drip-proof enclosure is standard. Weathershield kit is available for conversion to NEMA 3R outdoor.
- NEMA 3R stainless steel enclosure is available up to 150kVA . To specify a stainless steel enclosure, substitute an "S" in the fourth character in the GE catalog number. Example 9T83B3874 changes to 9T83S3874.
- One-year limited warranty standard. Extended warranty is available.